Wednesday 23 August 2017

Action, not words.



I discovered a long time ago after photographing countless static scenes, that I was not a "Still Life" kind of photographer. I wanted to capture action and drama in my photos and quickly realized that I had a passion for capturing peak moments. I honed my "skills" by snapping pics of my kids playing their sports. Next thing I knew, I was on a fantastic ride...

I read one of those "How many _____s does it take to change a light bulb?" things way back. It went like this...

"How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb?" Answer, "5. 1 to actually go up the ladder and do it, and 4 to stand there and say, That should be me up there!"

Armed with this mantra many years ago, I took my first real steps towards reaching my goal.

Action. Not words.

No comments:

Post a Comment